Baking Project #1: A Delicious Yellow Cake






 Alright, now you can judge my frosting style! I have no excuse. Oh wait, I do have. The original photo showed a three-layer cake so I imagined myself frosting the cake in three pastel colors on the side. Only to realize while I was pouring the batter that I could only divide it into two. So I invented a frosting style and that's how it happened. At first, I made arcs that turned into small S and I didn't even know when exactly it happened, but there it is!

I made this cake on Friday night and went to bed. In the morning, Julius announced that he saw the cake the night before and was tempted to eat it but refrained himself because it looked good. Haha. Now I have a fan. Did you notice my title? It says, A Delicious Yellow Cake, and it was. I'm not kidding nor am I lying. This is the first cake I made that I had no desire to change anything, even the number of egg yolks. I just used the egg whites for the Italian Buttercream.

Half of the cake, I gave to our neighbors and the rest we ate in a day. There's really no occasion why I baked but I was itching to try this recipe, and so I did. And I had no regret, even just a little. I was really really happy. If you're searching for a yellow cake recipe, then you must try this too.

If you're having trouble baking a flat cake, wrap a very wet (but not dripping!) strip of cloth around the cake pan and you're good to go.
Ingredients:

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 8 egg yolks,k room temperature
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups cake flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup milk, room temperature

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Line two 8-inch round pans with parchment paper and grease with oil or butter.
  2. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. 
  3. Beat butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy (I did it for 5 minutes). Add the egg yolks one at a time, beating well and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add in the flour mixture alternately with the milk in three additions beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Beat just until incorporated.
  4. Pour batter into the pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
I realized that when it comes to baking, accuracy is the key. So follow each instruction deligently. And be patient!


***I frosted it with buttercream and I couldn't have been more happier!***


Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com Be sure to read the reviews!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...