Cooking Project #1: Roasted Chicken


I have only eaten homemade roasted chicken twice. The first time I was in Taguig, living with my relatives and I was tasked to tend to the chicken while it was roasting. I don't remember now how it tasted or if I ever needed to return it for further roasting. My second time was very memorable. Julius and I were married a few days ago and it was the first time that we celebrated the New Year as husband and wife. Even though we had to leave the house at 10 in the evening and go to Taguig where my brother and mother were staying, we still decided to cook to welcome the new year. Julius was so excited. He called my mother-in-law for the recipe and diligently did everything from cleaning the chicken to cutting the vegetables. I watched as he did everything, equally excited as I wait for him to finally put the chicken in the oven.


For my third, I wanted to make it myself. I found a recipe that was not just easy to make but the ingredients were also easy to find. Just one trip to the grocery store and I was ready. And let me tell you, of all the roasted chicken I tasted (including those in restaurants) this by far is the most delicious. I even regretted that I only roasted for three people as I wanted to eat more after I finished the 2nd leg but I had to stop myself as the plate was almost empty.

RECIPE                                                                                                                                                    


One Pan Roasted Chicken

Ingredients

1 lb chicken parts 
1 tbsp butter, softened
half piece of lemon
1 tsp dried thyme
salt
pepper
vegetables (whatever you want)


Direction

  1. Preheat oven at 425 deg F.
  2. Clean the chicken and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. In a clean bowl, mix butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and thyme until well blended. Smear on the chicken.
  4. Place the chicken on a roasting pan (uncovered) and put in the oven for 50-60 minutes. Halfway through remove the pan from the oven and scatter the vegetables around. Replace into the oven and continue roasting. Pierce the chicken to check if it's done.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...