Cooking Project #2: Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin




For a week I was alone in the house (well technically, there were two of us but we rarely see each other as she worked during the night) and so I had a lot of time in my hands. I cooked, baked and baked some more. And all of these lasted us for a week. I had to eat a lot of leftover food for dinner.

First on the list: bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. This one is so easy to make. You only need to season and sear the pork, wrap it with the bacon strips, cover with maple syrup and roast. See, easy right?





Since the pork tenderloin didn't have any fat, the key here is to eat it with the bacon. I had it for lunch and I almost ate everything. It's really that good. Season the pork well and you'll go for seconds and thirds. I ate it with fried rice and I sat on my chair for almost an hour, alone but enjoying.


RECIPE                                                                                                                                                    

Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients:

oil
salt and pepper
1 lb pork tenderloin
6 pieces bacon strip
1/3 cup maple syrup


Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
  2. Season the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper.
  3. Heat oil in a skillet. Sear the pork tenderloin until all sides are brown.
  4. Lay all the bacon strips on a chopping board,one side overlapping the other. Make sure that the width of the bacon will cover all the pork. 
  5. Transfer the pork on top of the bacon, using a spoon, knife or fork roll up the bacon to cover the pork. If the bacon won't stay in place, use a toothpick to hold them together. Transfer back to the skillet and cover with maple syrup. Transfer to a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes, basting twice with the pan juices before the 30 minutes end. Baste again before serving.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...